Surrounded by my tree collection outside and my yarn and needle collection inside......
Come, sit, feel the miracles of living.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday with Mama

It is a rainy bluster sort of day here in northern Illinois and my Sunday to visit with mom. I am amazed that she will run around in this less than perfect weather like it was a beautiful sunny day but I guess when you are 91 every day your eyes pop open is a beautiful sunny day. Besides, I have never known my mother to let the weather stop her..... well maybe icy weather, that will. But bless her heart, she her only comment was "Maybe I should bring my umbrella".

We had a perfectly wonderful lunch with lovely conversation. Next stop was Jewel to pick up the 4 items on her list. Back home mom asked if I would please change her clocks.

Never but never visit my mother the day after daylight savings. She has 3,241 clocks and I am not kidding. There are 15 alone in the kitchen! I changed every one of them for her and made a mental note to skip that Sunday in October when they have to be turned back which is a bit harder than flipping them one hour forward. Kidding, I'd go every day and change them if she wanted me to.

Thanks for the day, mom. 
Your loving daughter,
Linda   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment